Dear participants, we are delighted to have an experienced running coach, Ian Dexter Ladbrooke as the official coach for the 2018 edition of 100 days of running. He will be helping all of us get the best out of ourselves as we go through the challenge. How? Read below.
[ Update: 6 weeks pre-100 days plan is now available, check it out here ]
- Frequent advice posts and emails from Ian, about do’s and don’ts, avoiding injuries as you run through 100 days, diet, nutrition, etc.
- Q&A sessions with Ian on Facebook where you would be able to ask any question related to running in this event. In fact, we will have one before the event starts especially for those of you who are apprehensive about running a 100 days.
- Possibility to train under the personal supervision of coach Ian as part of 100 days of running. Training under an experienced coach makes a big difference to your running, whether you are a beginner or an experienced elite athlete.
Ian Dexter Ladbrooke (age 58)
Married 2 Sons aged 17/21 – both low single figure handicaps at Golf
Owner/Coach at Running4Health – Individualized training plans for runners and those wishing to start a fitness/weigh loss program from beginners to elites , in our group we have novices who are making first steps as runners right upto world class athletes who are going to Gold Coast Australia to represent Kenya in 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Have over the years trained many world class athletes and have had success in winning World/Commonwealth and European titles from 400 meters right upto 100km.
Have been coaching now for almost 25 years and am still as passionate , if not more so than ever about what i do !
- UK Athletics Level 4 coach in Middle/Long Distance Running
- Sports Psychology Degree from Coventry University
- PGA Golf Level 1/2 (juniors) Coaching certificate
I take my coaching very seriously, every member of R4H gets their own individualized program and I speak mainly online but also on Skype/Whatsapp to every member several times a week.
Some notable successes :
- Simon Pride ( Scotland) World 100km 1999
- Kasse Tadessa (Ethiopia) World Junior Half marathon Champion
- Patrick Makau (Kenya) Silver in World Half Marathon – went on to become world record holder in Marathon
- Avdesh Nagar (India) World schools 3000m Silver Medalist 2017 and National record holder at 1500m
- Roz Alexander (Scotland) Silver in European 50KM ….This is just a small sample !
Our programs are not all about running, we have our own Core/LEANS strength and conditioning program that helps runners to get strong in the area’s where they might be prone to injury.
We also specialize in rehabilitation when athletes have got injured by creating cross training programs that have a very high rate of success in bringing people right back to their former best and ready to improve more.
I am honoured that Tanvir has asked me to be the coach for the 100 day challenge and I will do my best to produce plans that you find enjoyable, exciting and testing …. lets all aim to get fitter now.