How to submit data for multiple runs in a day

Planning to run multiple times a day? Remember, our data submit system can accept only a single entry per day when manually submitting data on the website. So, how do you submit multiple runs then?

Process for Strava users

Make sure your run data is available on Strava and connect your Strava account to your 100 Days of Running account. Our Strava data import system will automatically take care of importing your multiple runs for the day.

Process for non-Strava users

Assuming you are either not using Strava, or you are using some app from which data is not automatically exported to Strava, you need to follow the below process:

Step 1: Download the multiple activity files from your app or app website

Most apps (or the website for the app, like Strava) support download of your run activity. Download the multiple activity files for your runs for a particular day. The downloaded files may be named something like .gpx, .tcx, or .fit file, these being the common formats).

Step 2: Upload your run data to your Strava account

Create a Strava account at strava.com if you already don’t have one. Upload your downloaded activities to your Strava account by clicking on the “+” button on your Strava dashboard page (this button is on the top right of the page), and then click on “Upload activity” and upload each file for your multiple runs for the same day you downloaded earlier.

Step 3: Wait for Strava import to happen

Make sure you have connected your Strava account to 100 Days of Running account. Your activity details for the multiple runs in the day should be automatically imported to your 100 days account within 24 hours.

2019-01-22T08:01:44+00:00April 24th, 2018|Blog, Learning|28 Comments

28 Comments

1. VG April 25, 2018 at 3:01 pm - Reply

I am a single participant and I will run in gym only. Can I take picture of the treadmill ( representing total kms etc) after finishing my run and submit? Please advice.

• Tanvir April 25, 2018 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Photos are not accepted. However, no proof of your run is required till 20km distance daily. We trust our participants to submit the data correctly. Proof in the form of a public activity link is a must only for distance beyond 20km.

2. Bhagirath April 27, 2018 at 5:26 pm - Reply

If im running and cycling on the same day recording on strava, will the activities obstruct syncing directly?….or will it automatically pick the running activity only irrespective of any other sport activity?

• Krish April 30, 2018 at 12:04 am - Reply

I have the same question as well. Can some one help with answer please?

• Tanvir April 30, 2018 at 6:20 am - Reply

This will not be a problem. When we import activities from Strava, we explicitly import running activities only.

3. […] not be imported. You will have to manually create a combined activity link as per instructions at here. If an activity for a day is already found on 100 Days of Running when importing from Strava, the […]

4. Justice Sat Paul Bangarh April 28, 2018 at 7:05 pm - Reply

My fitbit surge is connected with strava. What should I do to upload my stats?
    In fitbit surge there are two types of recordings, one is step counter converting to km, other is with the pressing of right side lower button. In case of Interval and speed work, you have to stop recording by pressing right lower button. After this if you go on walking that recording continues and two distance of running come up. Whether the distance recorded through step counter is admissible by taking screen shots. Only data which is recorded with right lower button is uploaded on strava and not that which gets recorded without right lower button.
    Other query is which is the app where the workout is to be uploaded.
    It is quite disgusting. Last years were very easy to upload the workouts.
    With regards
    Justice Sat Paul Bangarh

• Tanvir April 30, 2018 at 6:24 am - Reply

We have a section on how activities from FitBit app are to be uploaded to your 100 days account, via Strava.

5. Surbhi April 28, 2018 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Ran and recorded on strava. Hope it uploads.

6. sunil ramdas satpute April 30, 2018 at 12:41 pm - Reply

my profile photo not upload & fecbook connected details send.strava use

7. Jignesh Mistry April 30, 2018 at 4:22 pm - Reply

My running activities logged in Strava are not picked up even after 24 hours. How should I make sure that it will pick up?

8. Sunil May 1, 2018 at 3:59 pm - Reply

I have combined my 2 activities of a day in given tool but when i am uploading it of Strava its giving error
    “2783595162133376.tcx is a duplicate of 100daysrunningchallenge day 4_1”

• Tanvir May 1, 2018 at 10:42 pm - Reply

You will have to delete your other multiple runs to make that happen. I suggest you do a manual entry for now with any one of the links. We will take care of such scenarios automatically very soon by improving the import process.

9. Rahul May 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm - Reply

How to download the run data from strava app I am not able to download

• Tanvir May 3, 2018 at 5:03 pm - Reply

I think you can ignore this for now. We are looking for automatic import of multiple runs in a day via Strava. That fix should be there in a day or two.

To download, click on the “wrench” icon near the edit icon, and click on “Export GPX”.

10. Dr Umesh K Dash May 6, 2018 at 10:05 am - Reply

My running activity on 05 May was not automatically imported from strava , even after passage of 24 hrs. I submitted the same manually. Request to guide further

• Tanvir May 6, 2018 at 6:56 pm - Reply

Import system still in early stages of development. Request please do it manually whenever you do not find automatic import within 24 hours.

11. Satish Dokiparti May 8, 2018 at 2:59 pm - Reply

Dear Team,

I have registered in 100 days of running challenge. I am using iwatch (series 3) to record the data via Starva. But iwatch option is not available. Also when i click on “connect to Strava” its getting connected to someone else profile.

Kindly look into the same and let me know what i need to do.

Group – Surti Runners
    Place – Surat, Gujarat, India
    Strava – Saty D (Surat, Gujarat)

12. Munish Jauhar May 14, 2018 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Hi I ran 15K in the morning and then 10K in the evening on a treadmill, however when I combine the two files it only shows the data for the morning run (tried exporting both .fit and .tcx formats). Links to the runs below

13. harpal singh gill June 20, 2018 at 8:38 pm - Reply

hi friends
    i have same problem
    i am using strava and endomondo
    i cannot combine my morning and evening workouts data
    please help

14. Sarvpreet Ghuman June 29, 2018 at 2:12 pm - Reply

Hi, In a day if I do multiple activities then only one is automatically imported. however, in others multiple activities are automatically imported. I have done everything what is written but nothing sorted. please suggest.
    I use Garmin which automatically loads multiple activities to starva but from strava to 100 days of running only one is imported.

• Tanvir July 5, 2018 at 7:08 pm - Reply

Depends on time of day of the activity, since import is done only once a day. So, it may take two import cycles to import all the activities for a day.

15. Soumita Sa July 3, 2018 at 4:09 pm - Reply

Are multiple activities in Strava automatically sync with 100daysofrunning site?

• Tanvir July 5, 2018 at 7:07 pm - Reply

Yes. May take two import cycles though since import runs only once a day.

16. Vatsal April 17, 2019 at 8:33 pm - Reply

Is it allowed to only walk everyday? Or mix of run/walk is compulsory?